Thursday 20 December 2007

Waitrose rocks!

This is probably a weird topic to re-enter the blogging world with but I feel like adding some positivity to the world. (I have a bunch of rants saved up for next time I need to vent my spleen!)

Since we moved to Southampton, we have got our groceries from a combination of Tesco Online and the ASDA in town. Neither is totally ideal - the former ruling out spontaneity, and the latter being a bit, um, cheap and nasty. [Yes, I am a supermarket snob!] We were getting by but not really enjoying our food shop, until...

Yesterday, we discovered Waitrose in Portswood. It's great! It has so much nice food. Lots of good beer and wine. And it's clean and tidy and well laid out. And the staff are friendly and helpful. It just rocks! We ended up buying much more than we went for but it was all good.

To top it all off, at the end of the shop I was still trying to decide what to have for dinner. (We had got somewhat distracted by the greatness of the shop and all the wonderful foodstuffs they sell.) Then I discovered a little rack of recipe suggestions, complete with a list of exactly what to buy to make it. Within a couple of minutes, I had whizzed round and added the necessary bits and bobs for a very tasty italian meatball gnocchi dish. Yum yum.

Well done, Waitrose!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! (Unless you're a spammer, in which case please stop - I am only going to delete it. You are just wasting your time and mine.)