Wednesday 23 January 2008

Just do it!

I'm one of life's procrastinators. I'm especially good at "activity displacement" - the performing of any task except the one that needs to be done in order to avoid doing something I don't want to do. Unfortunately, while stuff does get done, this means that I build up an accumulation of things that I don't want to do. Invariably, these are far worse in my head than in reality, and the days of thinking about how I don't want to do them sum up to more discomfort than just doing them in the first place.

Today, I just said "stuff it" and did a bunch of things I'd been putting off for ages. Now they are done and I can forget about them! Hoorah! It's much better to be a doer than a procrastinator. I suspect that this new attitude will only until bedtime but nevermind, eh?

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! (Unless you're a spammer, in which case please stop - I am only going to delete it. You are just wasting your time and mine.)